August 19, 2009

the english countryside

Someone wrote to me, 'This place called sadness doesn't keep us forever.'

Unfortunately, it still has a hold over me & a genuine smile feels like standing on shaky ground.... what happens after that?

I went to the English countryside...

Traipsing in foreign lands takes my mind off things. And for that i love my job.

bath 065small

IMG_9782small   

Stonehenge in all its glory on an overcast late summer's day. 

bath 053small

And then the magnificent Roman baths..   

bath 019small

Tea at the oldest house in Bath... a too-huge Sally Lunn bun with cinnamon butter & clotted cream.

bath 035small

On the way back to London... I make another purse while trying not to nod off to dreams of enchanting English villages.

bath 041small

Human relationships are so strange to me now... i am learning to build them again one by one. But making something with my hands feels real & down-to-earth & simple.

Thank you for all your messages, i appreciate them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment