May 23, 2012

exam days

Thank you for all your emails... I will reply them soon. Been busy these few days as exams start tomorrow... last exams i'll ever take in french. Analysing Proust & then switching to criticisms of the euro debt is mentally straining to say the least... So food is where I turn to for comfort!


My favorite cheap Japanese takeaway place... Aki Boulangérie where you can stop for a coffee & enjoy Japanese pastries too. On that rainy day, I had a tonkatsu (fried pork) sandwich & a matcha cream custard roll. I loved custard rolls when I was young & bakeries in Singapore still stuck to tradition... Nowadays, it's almost impossible to find this near my place.


My classmate who is a pastry chef made these chocolate macarons for all of us... so gooey n yummy.. he even wrote little french phrases on them!

//

I've always been very susceptible to cold weather... even sitting in an air-conditioned room easily gives me the shivers & i always have cold hands & feet.

When i was flying, my colleagues would often bring home-cooked ginger tea onboard for long flights... that way when we landed in winter, our tropical & sleepy bodies would be all warmed up by the ginger. It's very easy - just cut a few slices of ginger & steep in hot water.

But when you want more to keep or a stronger brew, you can cut up 1 fresh ginger and boil the slices in a pot of hot boiling water for 15-20mins.


Just before serving, add honey to taste. The rest keeps well in the fridge for the next day.


Keep warm xx

No comments:

Post a Comment