May 20, 2012

To you

Today, as I take a break from studying & organise the end of my year in France, my thoughts are with the people who have made my stay in France unforgettable & one of the best years of my life. Friends to whom I can tell everything & not be afraid that it will end up as gossip elsewhere.. friends who have no agenda but who make me a better person.

Céline... pour toute la sagesse que tu apportes à ma vie et de nombreux moments partagés pendant ces années.

Irené... for all that you taught me, your generosity with all around you, when I knew you, I saw physical & inner beauty so great that to be 'sisters by choice' is a great honor to me.

Lula... I learn so much just being with you, in person or on the phone, everything just makes so much sense. You inspire me my dear Lula.

Christof... for all the times we spent complaining about class, talking about everything in our lives over fast food & in bad french... you are like the brother I never had. You would be the greatest mathematician the world has ever seen.

And how could I forget you... You gave me everything I ever wanted, never once said No to me, you protect me from the world; you are the sweetest & gentlest person I've ever known, & the hardest to say goodbye to.

This song is for all of you.

Have you ever seen the morning
When the sun comes up the shore
And the silence makes
A beautiful sound
Have you ever sat there waiting
For the time to stand still
For all the world to stop
From turning around

And you run
'Cause life is too short
And you run
'Cause life is too short

Have you ever seen the glowing
When the moon is on the rise
And the dreams are close
To the ones that we love
Have you ever sat there waiting
For heaven to give a sign
So we could find the place
Where angels come from

There's a time that turns
I'd turn back time
But I don't say I can
It only works if you believe in the truth
Well there's a time to live
And a time to cry
But if you're by my side
I will try to catch a star
I'll try to catch a star
Just for you