May 27, 2012

Sunday


The thrice-weekly market near my place... always filled with people & delicious food & every knick-knack you can think of.

I love this little town because it's so near to the centre of Paris & yet it retains an old-world charm with its 19th century buildings.

I got up early this morning as usual & went to get some fresh bread & butter, joining the queue outside the best bakery, patient in the sun because I know nothing beats the taste of une baguette tradition pas trop cuite.. When still warm from the oven, it tastes 10 times better than a normal fresh baguette.

This year abroad has changed my lifestyle in many ways I'd never imagined, but all for the good.

During my years with the airline, i lost perspective on my life, just wandering along aimlessly... I think sometimes it faut prendre du récul même de ta propre vie, pour savoir comment continuer... take a step back to reassess your life.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend... my best friend is coming again next week to visit & we will profiter au maximum de Paris before I return to Singapore for good! My wanderlust is kicking in a lil.... I'm thinking alot of Aung san suu kyi & her country these days... Something about the Bagan temples make me dream of seeing them with my own eyes xxx


Photo by Pascal Boegli

No comments:

Post a Comment