May 28, 2013

wedding diary I

Last weekend was our wedding and it was just amazing.
The rain stopped and gave us clear blue skies.


We decided to do the civil ceremony at the town hall on Friday so we could concentrate on family lunch and our dinner party on Saturday.




I wore a simple dress from Valentino and my bouquet was wild flowers and lots of foliage from the fields since I hate big flowers for weddings!


With 2 of our witnesses.


With my girlfriends who flew to France to attend the wedding!



We exchanged simple rose gold rings in the presence of the mayor who was kind enough to marry us despite his busy schedule.


My husband proposed to me months ago with a diamond & sapphire ring from his family which was also the engagement ring of his great great grandmother in 1867.
Each time I wear it, I feel like I'm wearing a piece of his family history with me :)


More pictures to come xx

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so so so happy for you! I have been following you since xanga days and your blog has been truly inspiring as it reminds me of all the beauty in the world! :) Wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness. Really happy to see you happy. -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so so so happy for you! I have been following you since xanga days and your blog has been truly inspiring as it reminds me of all the beauty in the world! :) Wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness. Really happy to see you happy. -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I wish you sunshine & happiness everyday too x jasmine

      Delete
  3. Congratulations and Best Wishes for a Happy Married Life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    You look absolutely gorgeous in this Valentino dress.Just super chic!
    Wish you a very happy married life Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I've been following your blog for a long time as well and I'm really happy to see this. You look fantastic!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jasmine! You look great and the wedding is beautiful. Many good wishes for the both of you for the future ahead. - Azzalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azzalia!!! :) have a great weekend! x

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Jasmine! Happiness today and always in your life!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big big congrats to you! Wishing you happiness and joy with your husband and family. I'm definitely liking your French approach to dressing!

    ReplyDelete