July 3, 2009

summer in paris




Summer has finally arrived in Paris... daytime temperatures of 30 degrees & tourists everywhere.



I decide that no queues outside the Musee d'Orsay is the best day to visit the greatest in Impressionist art.



Jean Escoula... i never saw sorrow so clearly portrayed in a sculpture.



Claude Monet's Le dejeuner, 1868.



Van Gogh's La chambre de Van Gogh a Arles.
I finally get to see this famous one in real life.



The brush strokes up close.



Van gogh's La nuit etoilee, The starry night.



The rooftop terrace overlooking the Seine.



Beautiful sunny day with cool winds.
You can see Sacre Coeur just behind my head hehe.



I always prefer to cross from left bank to right bank by foot instead of metro.
I walked from the museum to St Germain des pres, had lunch at a lovely cafe.. coddled eggs with smoked salmon on Poilane bread... yummy.



Peeked into the rue Bonaparte salon of Laduree..



then walked across the river to the Louvre, and along Rue St Honore to check out Colette..



A nice quiet afternoon by myself was just the thing i needed, to reflect about my life, my job, my friends.. I am filled with disappointment.. so i did not come to a fulfilling conclusion in the end. Is that normal?



Another late dinner of couscous with lamb brochettes...
Couscous brings back beautiful memories.



Goodbye for a little while Paris... i will be back next week... hopefully with a lighter heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment