August 30, 2007

Operation Perfect Teeth!

Operation Perfect Teeth!

Dragged my feet to the dentist today because my mum threatened that i would spiral into dental hell otherwise. I never really saw the need to go since i've never had toothache and quite frankly, i can think of 101 betta things to do.

The last time i was at the dentist? Sept 1996, when i removed my braces. Ha! I happily waved goodbye to my orthodondist & basked in the glow of a new smile.

The dentist Dr Lee, quite an affable man, was amazed at the amt of tartar that could accumulate on/between/under someone's teeth for 12 yrs and still not a single cavity! (At that point i was quite proud) I had to do an x-ray and guess what? The plaque even showed up on the x-ray film. Thats how dirty my teeth were  

He kept shaking his head at how someone's teeth could be so white & beautiful on the outside and so dirty behind. Apparently it will take 3 sessions of cleaning & scaling to get them all polished and nice. I was sent home with a stern warning to brush conscientiously and a huge bottle of mouthwash.

And then i had to custom make a mouthguard for my teeth grinding after which i'm due for 2 operations to remove my wisdom teeth. Being a dental patient sucks!

i'm off for a dose of much needed sunshine.. tata. I love this silly reggae tune.. puts me in the mood

No comments:

Post a Comment