August 8, 2007

Nights & days...

.: Nights & days:.

Sunshiny day @ union square.

Shopping @ Macy's.. San francisco is a great place for stocking up on yr Junk food tees and Benefit cosmetics.. and Marc jacobs/kate spade is cheaper by a fair bit too. Imagine the hole in my pocket!

restless in the night. I love this pic.

 

We land in Hk and my mood changes instantly. I crave for pork chop rice, star ferry rides & cheap bargains.

Jerome & i love to hang out at Stanley, plus the 'treacherous' bus ride there is half the fun. We found a rocky spot where we could catch up without the crowd & enjoy the sea breeze. He teaches me so many simple things about life and takes care of me just like a big brother. He's a true gem.

An ice cream to cheer me up!

Dear jolene... my companion in food & shoppin during this long trip... I swear she is a dead ringer for Elva Hsiao!!!We check out new cha chan tengs & gorge ourselves silly on mango desserts. I bring her to Lucky dessert to try more mango.

We have mango sago in milk & mango pancakes with cream... after this trip i can't stomach any more mango for the next few mths.

We traverse CWB and MK to find the perfect purse. She was lookin for the same porter boy purse that i have! We are amazed at the sheer variety of 2nd hand luxury products they have... are HK girls really that materialistic?? I don't really think so though.

Having said that, the brazen cheapo shopaholics in us get matching fake Anya hindmarch bags for only 10SGD. Why queue in the rain or kill yself cos u're not on the despairingly long waiting list? Its just a canvas bag that happens to be very cheap and will probably not replace any plastic bags or leave a lasting environmental msg anyway.

Oh and we also bought SoftBank parallel imports, complete with japanese graphics & menus heh.

In short, just come to TST & all yr desires shall be fulfilled.

Its old and slow and sometimes u see cockroaches but i feel so calm & relaxed each time i take the star ferry.

The view itself is reason enough to take it  As jerome always tells me, the boat will not take u any faster in such a fast-paced city. So during that short ride, all the time in the world belongs to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment