March 19, 2007

Golden gate... a golden day

This past week has been exactly what i need.. it seriously didnt feel like work at all.. space from everyone around me & visitin 2 of my fave cities again.

San francisco was sunny & cool... perfect for takin a trip out of the city... I have always wanted to visit Sausalito, a quaint bayside community across the bay.

Originally planning on taking the ferry, a crazy idea struck my friend. Heck lets cycle there! Um great weather for doing that, but i can't really cycle & did i hear the guy say u can go along the bayfront, up some hills, along the highway,past the Golden gate bridge, & then another 15mins or so towards Sausalito????

According to him, it would take us about 1hr 15mins. Arthur gamely offers to ride a double bike with me. How hard can it be?

This is us after an hour... dammit we're not even on the bridge yet! It looks very far!!!

Getting nearer... pant pant*

And we're up! The sun on your cheeks, wind in your hair, cars whizzing past us... i've never felt so carefree... the feeling is indescribable.

There and then, I knew I would always remember this moment.

Finally Sausalito comes in to view & we're greeted by cheery houses perched atop hills, fellow red-in-the-face cyclists & the shimmery waters of the bay.

it is quite a perfect day.

We stop for a long long lunch... Kudos to arthur who's such a sweetie.. always my buddy on long-haul flights, i will definitely miss him after this trip.

After lunch, we decide that the best way back is via the ferry lest we roll down the hills together with the bike. By this time, our muscles are aching & the thought of riding back makes me wanna puke. 

It's been a good day but we don't wanna go back yet..

Welcome to the most crooked road in the world.

The city is well-known for its slopes but this particularly steep incline makes it impossible for cars to go straight down hence the winding road.

I don't quite know what was wrong with us that day but we decide to climb up the slope & check out the view.

Beautiful eh?

I spend the next day shopping... happiness. Got a pair of jeans from 7 for all mankind for only 143 USD... i think it's less than half the price u pay in Singapore. Plus lotsa Junk food & heartbreaker tees... i lugged back all my shopping with only a hint of guilt because i know i wont have time to shop in HK..

Next up: champagnepout in HK again :D

PS. Thank u to everyone who emailed/msged me.. im feelin betta as u can see. :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment