June 11, 2013

YES.

Back from Madrid and there's something more important than sharing Madrid photos! 
Was walking back from the supermarket and what do I see?


Gontran Cherrier, who opened the famous Tiong Bahru Bakery in Singapore has set up shop 5 mins from my place! I loved going to TBB when I was working in Singapore. Could never say no to the croissants or lemon tart, and neither could my colleagues.

But a good croissant or lemon tart does not get me as excited as a good cup of coffee... In a stroke of pure genius, he has collaborated with Café Coutume as well! As i walked in, I saw Cafe Coutume signs everywhere and I thought OK this must be heaven. I could not believe my eyes. 
FINALLY good coffee in my suburb. I was lamenting to F the other day that St Germain en Laye had everything except a good cafe... not the typical french cafe but a good bright airy cafe with trained baristas who could do latte art just like Cafe Coutume in central Paris.


And just like that, my prayers have been answered.



1 comment:

  1. Please still share Madrid photos, haha!

    ReplyDelete