January 17, 2012

we are so small.

For most of my life, i've always been interested in anything to do with space & Nasa, & i remember one of the highlights of my flying life was going to the Johnson Space center in Houston. It was like a dream come true for me.

Looking at these pictures taken from space by astronauts or Nasa really touches my heart... i cant explain why but i just love looking at our Earth this way.

I'll be sharing more space-related pictures from now on... they just make me happy. To start off, satellite pictures from Nasa showing night-time lights in areas of our world... & hence the distribution of populations.



Compare Australia's coasts vs the interior desert land...



Closer look at Tokyo..



Western european cities vs the great land of Africa... this picture really shows in a way the inequalities of our lives.





The US... compare the Rocky mountains to NYC :)



Evolution of the world in a single image. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment