January 5, 2012

bilan

A rainy day like today always makes me reflect on my life.. especially seeing that we have just started a new year.

//



Going back to the classroom has been challenging but rewarding. I discovered many french authors whose books intimidated me previously, but thanks to school, their masterpieces have become doors to another world.

Living in France for the past 4-5 months also opened my eyes to the issues here like immigration, the economy & quality of life. When I look at Paris with its dirt, beggars & crime, I really miss Singapore's cleanliness, low crime rate & efficiency. But the turbulent history of France & the French revolution is truly alive in this city... I've never been more interested in history than I am now & this is the best time to soak it all in.

I am also happy to share my life with a man who is so kind & patient & generous with the people around him, & who makes me a better person.

//

What do you want to achieve this year? Instead of making a whole list of resolutions that fly out the window by February, i will do only one this year :)

In 2012, the one thing I really want to do is to take better care of my health. The past 5 years flying around have taken a toll on my body, & moving here made me realise how important it is to be healthy. I have fallen sick so many times plus my stiff neck & shoulders still remain a problem. At one point I couldnt even look over my shoulders!



It was spending time in Aix with my amazing friend Lula that changed my perspective. She just got certified as a yoga teacher & taught me some basic yoga moves to relax my upper body, as well as some diet & posture changes. I can't wait for her to start her own business :)

So I've been getting up earlier every morning to stretch & breathe deeply. Believe it or not, deep breathing is not easy for me as my breathing has always been shallow & irregular. I never realised that until it was pointed out to me.

Plus i now eat some form of fresh fruit everyday... it might seem funny to some of you, but I used to eat very little fruit, preferring to pop vitamin pills. Ha what a mess i am right.

On the upside, my skin & hair have improved greatly once I stopped flying, & to those of you who ask about my skincare routine, I will try to post something more concrete than my emails but it will be very amateur-ish lol.

Finally, a big thank you to everyone here who sent me holiday cards or gifts or emails.. it's really nice to know that i'm thought of by friends whom i've not seen in person before. I wish for all of you a great year ahead (*•ᴗ•*)

No comments:

Post a Comment