December 16, 2011

December skies

December has been filled with wind & rain but once in a while... I look up & the skies surprise me. I was near the Place Vendome doing my Christmas shopping. This famous column was erected by Napoleon to commemorate the battle of Austerlitz & it's covered with melted bronze from the cannons in the battle. Whenever I walk past it, I feel like history is alive everywhere in this city.

concorde

On my way to school... I was late for class but couldn't help whipping out my phone & taking a picture of Notre Dame. What a treat in December!

notredame

When class was over, the sky had become grey once again.

These days, time passes so fast. I'm learning & soaking up so many things I fear I never have enough time to fully absorb it all. There are so many places to see, books to read, essays to write & purses to sew!

And to think I thought I would take a year OFF in Paris :)

bougie

Christmas is round the corner... my favourite time of the year.. My family may be far away but they're always close in my heart & mind :) Thanks to technology, i video-chat with my mum almost everyday!

Have a great toasty Friday evening xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment