December 6, 2011

//

Yesterday i had dinner with a friend & ex-colleague who came to Paris. She said since i left the airline, people were still gossiping about me.. not mean gossip, just harmless curious gossip. On hearing that, it really affected me.

In the cabin crew industry, i picked up many good habits but i was also part of this huge gossip mill that stems from being squashed in a plane for many hours & subsequently in a foreign country with a group of colleagues. There is interaction & one often develops a false sense of closeness to this group after a few days. Repeat this for most flights you do, with a different group of people on every flight.

Add to that the working environment on a full-load flight where not every stewardess does her fair share of the work, difficult characters, etc. What you get after many years, is a real-life & Facebook web of saucy personal stories & gossip about people you know only superficially. Less than a quarter of my so-called friends on Facebook have access to my facebook photos or know of this blog.

Now i share bits & pieces of my life with the few thousand or so of you who visit this blog regularly... and it feels more right to me. Why, I can't explain.... perhaps i never wanted to be known as yet another stewardess who just bought this & that, who is dating who & who.

My life nowadays is alot more simple... less gossip, just plenty of literature.

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls." - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment