August 19, 2011

the lazy girl's kitchen #1: chicken curry rice

I've only made a proper meal twice in my whole life. Like with a pan & heat & raw food.

So last night I decided to do something nice. I cooked chicken curry & rice. And it was a success as affirmed by my dinnerdate :)

chix.jpg


First I bought raw chicken fillets which were just as disgusting as i remembered it. Then I cut it into small pieces, marinated with some salt & basilic & pan fried them till they turned brown. By the way, don't you just hate it when people who cook all the time tell u stuff like "oh just a little salt will do", or "when u feel the time is right to turn it over"... Just give it to me in minutes & teaspoons plsss.

tomates.jpg

I chopped up some fresh tomatoes & opened up a can of green peas & a can of coconut milk. The only ingredients left in the kitchen. I think adding eggplant could have been better.

Then in a pot, I added a packet of red curry paste, the milk, water & all the rest. They boiled merrily in the pot & simmered till they became gooey & yummy!

I also cooked fluffy thai rice in a real pot hehe.

Sounds easy? But it took me 1 hr 35 mins from start to finish. :( After that, i was EXHAUSTED.

chixcurryrice.jpg

My historical culinary moment ^.*

No comments:

Post a Comment