March 16, 2010

Merci

Merci.

paris 002

In the 3eme arrondissement of Paris lies a little gem of a charity store called Merci. Set up by the founders of Bonpoint, the charity helps needy women in Madagascar.

paris 005

paris 014

It is a bright airy space filled with used clothes, wooden beams & floors, tables, knick-knacks, stationery & lots of Parisians. They were having a collaboration with Liberty & everywhere you went, Liberty prints & fabrics were begging to be bought & used.

paris 006

I loved the little corner where Merci & Annick goutal make perfumes. I got myself a lovely fresh jasmine scent.

paris 081

But my favorite part of Merci... and the one reason i will keep coming back... is the used book cafe.

paris 009

It is HEAVEN. Imagine having a cuppa while surrounded by floor-to-ceiling shelves of old books, sitting on old sofas & tables.. i was so happy!

paris 032

Waiting for a table... the service was so good, food delicious, prices cheap, & all the books cost between 2-10 euros!

paris 039

I ordered organic eggs with toast & Echire butter.. which is to me, the best butter you can find on earth.. plus a cafe creme... followed by another... it was utter bliss.

paris 041

I left with an old children's book printed in 1877!! Definitely a treasure to keep.

If ever you are in Paris, please drop by the Merci used book cafe & say bonjour to the books... I cant wait to return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment