November 22, 2008

milano..

Milano memories.
One of my favorite cities.



I met up with Ignacio over a marocchino.. a chocolate cappuccino. How perfect can the world be??
An Italian to show me the little secrets of Milan! He's one of the sweetest and most innocent guys i know... I almost feel like a big sister protecting him from the big bad world. even though he's older than me lol.



We roam the courtyards of the castello.



Beautiful and serene... we are happy campers snapping away. In the second picture, he cannot stop giggling like a little boy. Stop shaaaaking please!



We stumble upon an art exhibition.



Then 5.30 comes and it's aperitivo time! Like happy hour, only better. You pay 6 to 8 euros for a cocktail and you get free flow of finger food like veg sticks, sausages, fries, pasta, pastries etc.



A sparkling Spumante.



Me being happy.



Duomo is still as beautiful as ever.



Only picture with no gypsies hanging around. I hate them.
My typical conversation with them goes like this:
Gypsy: Bella! For you! Free. You're my friend. (proceeds to tie a colored string round my wrist while i'm still clicking away on my cam)
Me: No.
(He lets go and the string falls on my jacket sleeve)
Gypsy: Look. It's on your jacket already. 2 euros.
Me: I said no! (I fling it to the ground)
Gypsy: Fuck you.
Me: Fuck YOU.

Ignacio patiently tells them he will not give money to someone he doesnt know, and that they should go and find a job. He also explains that I'm a tourist. 
LOL. I just tell him to teach me asshole, die, fuck you and go away in italian.



Dinner with colleagues... I order the caprese salad and eat too much olive oil as usual.



The most delicious orgasmic hot creamy chocolate with freshly whipped cream. Mamma mia.



Duomo by night... it reminds me of van gogh's The cafe terrace at Arles, does it not?



Went shopping the next day.



Got some CDG*H&M gems... i heard that the accessories were sold out on the first day of the launch!



At the opening of a new Alcott boutique, free drinks, booty-shaking DJ, hot models, I love the energy. Most european cities i know become a dead town after dark especially in winter. But Milan is the opposite. Everyday at aperitivo time, we had trouble finding a bar which was not packed and the streets started to come alive after dinner.



The streets of Brera. We stop at art galleries, museums, the Teatro Alla Scala and ignacio tells me everything about the art, the history, the music, the people. We would stop in the middle of the street while he explained the intricacies of the great composers or the differences between impressionism and modernism. I thought I knew alot and yet it was too little.

I learn so much about life, having dreams, not caring how people look at you, not being afraid to venture out of your comfort zone. I like having a good conversation.

And most importantly, that one's level of education should not have to equate to the amount of money consequently earned. Besides feeding the body, you have to feed the soul too. But how many of us can balance the two and find happiness in that?



No comments:

Post a Comment