July 30, 2008

Hawaii part III





We meet John, a retired chiropractor turned dolphin guide and his 2 6-year-old twins, Melia and Joshua for some fun in the sun.



They are the most adorable children in the world. They also happen to think i'm 16 years old hahahaha. I happily forget to correct them!



I love them so much! I normally dont like children that much but these 2 really made my heart melt.



Wild dolphins were swimming around us everywhere.. they move in pairs or groups and watching them was strangely therapeutic.



We get ready to enter the sea...



And then the most amazing thing happened underwater... i was humming a tune i made up... John said dolphins can hear us and sense our frequencies so we should sing to them.. apparently they associate and recognize the frequencies we emit and that humans and dolphins have an inexplicable connection.
And there i was humming while 2 metres away from my flippers, 2 dolphins were twirling around in perfect unison. I was watching their white stomachs turning round and round. It was surreal yet peaceful being in the ocean with them.



A dolphin doing a spin. I can't tell the bottlenose from the spinner or the spotted ones, but John picks them out with such accuracy.



They seemed sad when we said goodbye... John is separated from his wife and the 2 of them share equal custody of the kids. I really would love to see these kids grow up one day. Aside from taking us out to see the dolphins, i'm indebted to John because he noticed my stiff neck and asked if he could readjust it for me. Now i've got a stiff neck and shoulders for as long as i can remember. I always thought it had to do with the pillows i used but some simple questions & tests proved that my neck was indeed wrongly positioned in some way. i'm happy to report a good night's sleep at long last.

No comments:

Post a Comment